Perrin and I are sitting in our parents’ living room questioning our delicate situation. We are surrounded by mattresses and dressers, which makes this stay seem more permanent than we are comfortable with. We leave for Italy this week but at the moment we appear to have voluntarily moved back home. As we question what burst of insanity provoked us to leave our friends, apartments and jobs in New York we thought we’d make a list of those things that we won’t miss:
1. Tourists wearing “I ❤ New York t-shirts”. Our friends wearing I ❤ NY shirts” and pretending to be tourists at the Times Square Olive Garden is awesome though.
2. MTA’s go to catchphrase, “This train is delayed due to train traffic ahead. Thank you for your patience..” Our message to MTA, “Dude, we have no choice”.
3. Pushy masses and massive egos.
4. The skirt lifting Marilyn Monroe effect of the rank air bursting through the subway vents.
5. Careless spitters in crowded areas (yes an aspiring rappers accidentally hacked a loogie on Sarah in Herald Square once. Yum! He gave her a cd from his trashbag as consolation).