I will be back in New York in less than four weeks! Time has gone so fast but I have so many good memories from the road. This playlist sums up my adventures in songs, with each title highlighting a memorable part of my journey.
1. Sometime Around Midnight by The Airborne Toxic Event: My favorite song when I was in New York.
2. Wake Up by Arcade Fire: This song about a kid who grows up and loses his youthful happiness makes me cry. I wanted to regain some youthful excitement about the world.
3. Fuck You by Cee Lo Green: Sorry for the cursing, but this song is so New York. It was time for me to get out for a break.
4. We No Speak Americano by Yolando Be Cool and DCUP: This song played in every nook and cranny throughout Italy. It was on repeat across the country.
5. Fleur de Saison by Emilie Simon: I spent two incredible weeks couch surfing through France. This song, so lighthearted and happy, became one of my favorites.
6. Legalizacion by Ska-P: The song may not be everyone favorite but I saw them live at a concert in the south of France and it was one of the most fun days of my life. There were thousands of people jumping up and down, belting out the words together.
7. The Open Happiness Music: Switzerland was like a utopian happy land where everything was right with the world. When you walk into the country, it’s like walking into a fairytale. The video describes how we felt perfectly. Perrin and I both felt like new, positive people when we left the country. This song makes me so happy.
8. Hot Time in the Old Town of Berlin by Frank Sinatra: Perrin and I were shocked by how much we loved Berlin. Here, Sinatra is crooning about the Yankees invading Berlin. And we yanks did take that town by storm 🙂
9. Raise Your Glass by Pink: We had a blast in Prague and were out one whole night with a British, Irish and Australian guy. We laughed all night while playing drinking games.
10. Purple Haze by Jimi Hendrix: We were in Amsterdam.
11. Chocolate Song: Belgium. The chocolate is where it’s at.
12. Farm Girl by Jason Meadows: Perrin and I, city girls that we are, moved onto a horse farm.
13. Free Life by Dan Wilson: I was working at an action adventure camp and rock climbing every day. I felt so free.
14. Te Dejo Madrid by Shakira: I spent two months living in Madrid teaching English. This city is my favorite in the world. I connect with the people and the energy of the town.
15. Supernova by Mr. Hudson: I’m going to London on December 7th and this song always makes me think of England.
16. Dog Days are Over by Florence and the Machines: In college, I always interned at professional jobs. I never had a completely leisurely summer and I never slacked off in college. This journey was my first time that I really took time for myself just to see the world and enjoy life. It was incredible.